How Much Should TikTok Influencers Be Paid?
Unfortunately, there is no one correct response to this inquiry. When compensating a TikToker for ad placement, there are a number of factors to consider. Learn in this article how to set a fair rate for a TikTok sponsorship and what to watch out for when negotiating a payment with an influencer on the platform.
What to look for when paying a TikToker
1. Take a look at how many people they’ve managed to attract as followers:
TikTokers’ salaries from brand partnerships are heavily influenced by the size of their respective fan bases.
There is a wide range in sponsorship prices, with mega-influencers commanding the highest fees and micro- and nano-influencers commanding the lowest (obviously).
But you might be wondering how much a TikTok influencer will charge you for each of their posts.
Influencer Marketing Hub reports the following rates per post for TikTok’s various tiers of influencers:
- Developers of nano typically charge between $5 and $25 per ad.
- Prices for sponsored posts from micro-creators typically range from $25 to $125.
- Sponsored posts from mid-tier creators typically cost between $125 and $1000.
- Sponsored posts from macro creators typically cost between $2,000 and $4,000.
- Prices for sponsored posts from mega creators typically start at $2,000 and go up.
Explicitly to clarify:
- Under the threshold of 10,000 fans, one is considered a nano influencer.
- Someone with 10–50k followers is considered a micro-influencer.
- Mid-level influencers have between 50,000 and 500,000 followers.
- It takes between 500,000 and 1,000,000 followers to be considered a macro-influencer.
- The truly legendary mega influencers should have a fan base of over 1,000,000 people.
TikTok influencer pricing can be determined by a brand’s owner using the aforementioned variables. Leave room for negotiation because it usually happens.
2. Verify the level of interest in your brand partner’s audience.
Just counting your followers can be misleading. The engagement rate of TikTokers with millions of followers is typically quite low. If you want your campaigns to be successful, your investment should go towards influencers who are able to actively involve a sizable percentage of their audience.
View counts and percentages of viewers engaged are also important metrics to consider. Aim for a middle ground with a TikToker who has both a sizable following and a high level of viewer participation. Brands can expect to pay more money to influencers who can provide both of these benefits.
The cost of promotional partnerships for the TikTok brand will be determined by the following:
- The price paid for each interaction, such as a like, share, or comment
- To calculate CPAc, start with the total amount spent on advertising.
- Your influencer’s “cost per click,” or CPC, is the number of times readers clicked on a link in their post.
TikTok advertisements typically cost $10 for every 1,000 views. Tiktok also has a policy that mandates a $500 campaign minimum. Therefore, you won’t use official TikTok ads for a carefree online publicity stunt.
On the other hand, the TikTok money calculator is the go-to tool for figuring out how much to pay TikTok influencers for a brand deal, so you can always use it to determine an exact cost for your marketing campaign.
Even though there is no foolproof formula for determining how much you will pay to sponsor a TikTok influencer, you can use these considerations to craft a competitive offer for your creator partners. Visit the Mysocial blog for all the advice you need to advance your brand, including how much influencer marketing on different platforms should cost.